shredder n : a device that shreds documents (usually in order to prevent the wrong people from reading them)
- Rhymes: -ɛdə(r)
- SAMPA: /'SrE.dr=/
- A machine that tears up objects into smaller pieces, especially a paper shredder or garbage shredder.
- A program that overwrites deleted data to prevent recovery.
a machine that tears up objects into smaller pieces
- Swedish: dokumentförstörare (paper shredder)
Shred, Shredder, or Shredding may refer to:
- Neo-classical metal, a subgenre of heavy metal which occasionally is called "shred metal"
- Shred guitar, a unique style of electric guitar playing that focuses on quickly executing advanced techniques to increase the speed of the playing, often being utilized in the above-mentioned neo-classical metal
- "Shredder", an inflatable whitewater craft
shredder in German: Schredder
shredder in French: Shred (homonymie)
shredder in Dutch: Shredder
shredder in Russian: Шреддер